Most clients that make the decision to retain Authority Tax Services want to know how our involvement will change their situation and how quickly. The reality is there are many similarities between tax cases, but each case is unique. Because of this, some tax relief (substantial relief many times) will be immediate and other portions of the tax situation will be handled over time. Our number one focus is this: to get you the best possible results allowed by law. We never guarantee results; that would be unethical, but we will express what we feel the outcome should be based on the facts. IRS problems do not magically appear overnight, and neither does resolving most tax issues. However, clients retain us for the serenity, knowing their situation is in the process of being resolved so, here is the process.
Reach out to us
1. Simply contact us. A consultation and evaluation of your tax situation is free, and there is no obligation to retain our services. It is important to understand your tax resolution options instead of moving forward blindly with uncertainty. Reaching out for help is often the hard part but absolutely necessary
Have Your Case Analyzed & Determine Your Options
2. This is where we dig in and get the details about your unique tax issue. A tax relief professional will consult you during this important process. Don’t forget, this consultation is on us. Unlike our competitors, we do not have aggressive pushy salespeople trying to scare you into hiring them. The attention to detail we take with each client results in an enjoyable client experience. This process can take 30 minutes to an hour providing we have gathered enough information to properly determine what resolution program fits your needs. In some cases additional communication and information will be needed to complete the evaluation process.
Retain Us & Begin the Tax Resolution Process
3. As soon as you’re ready to move forward, our team will diligently work towards resolving your tax issue and getting the best possible results with the IRS. Together we will develop a specific strategy for resolving your tax case, and we will be advising you on what steps are necessary for the most effective resolution. We do all the heavy lifting and technical work however, it is important to understand this is a team effort, and you are part of the team. Again, we will propose a tax resolution plan to the IRS that is fair one you can live with. Rarely are proposed plans simply accepted, we have to see them through and fight to get them admitted.
Compliance Check / Case Investigation
4. This is actually part of #3 Resolution Process. If this has not already been done, we will need to investigate the exact details about your case directly with the IRS. We will see if what you are telling us matches up with what the IRS is telling us. Typically before any tax resolution can be negotiated, you must be in compliance (meaning all your tax filings are current). For individuals that are not in compliance and have incomplete records, Authority Tax Services has specific methods for completing the preparation of tax returns in order to get you into compliance.
Tax Case Completed / Relationship Continues
5. Once your tax case is completed it is important that you find yourself in this situation again. Many of our clients choose to continue the relationship with us and remain current by having us file all future taxes. Also, as a continued client, you are free to call anytime with questions or concerns you may have.